Zero budget for ride on so what is good large push spreader...?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yes...just like the title says no Ride-On spreader sprayer in this years purchases. The large capacity spreaders are not much value to me unless the lawns are fairly large.

I'm currently using this Earthway and it does have it's niche and works well except for some binding in the push rod action and how it moves the floor plate. I need to tweak this a bit.

I'm only interested in a top quality high capacity push spreader for the larger lawns and yes I expect it to be quite work out. Yes I'm in good shape and I literally jog behind my current spreader and it is an excellent workout.

[​IMG]

In the past I had considered this spreader with the HVO floor plate.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco High Wheel Stainless.

Pretty much the industry standard for thirty years. Where have you been?

....waits for someone to tell me they suck now because they are built in Japan or whatever.....Bah..

3. Exact Rototilling

The larger capacity Earthways tend to have a narrowish width to the wheels L/R and I really want the stability of a wider wheelbase.

4. Exact Rototilling

Is there one with a larger hopper than just 80#...?

Already have the 50# and I was thinking 100#+ capacity maybe even more. I don't mind the cardio workout. :)

5. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

They have an extension you can put on the Lesco to give you additional space but 80lbs is plenty.

6. Uturf

Uturf LawnSite Member

Lesco or maybe the Lesco you could always check out the Lesco.

7. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a 80# stainless spyker... Haven't got to try it out yet.. Last 3 years i used a lesco 80#.. It was nice if the fertilizer wasn't clumped up.. The screen didn't help with the 3 hole design.. Riggle swears by the Anderson spreaders and he would know more than most on this subject.

8. Mike A

Mike A LawnSite Member

Lesco's r nice but I am partial to Spyker now. I like the one slot opening better. Just mo
    Posted via Mobile Device