Zero flat tires?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by horizonmowing, Jan 11, 2006.

1. horizonmowing

horizonmowing LawnSite Member

Wanted to know if those "zero flat" tires were any good and do you all use them on walk-behinds? thanks

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, because they are ZERO-flat.

They should be the front tires on everything in my opinion... especially the smaller tires.
    That's one thing the HP has over the Z Two.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is true. You can either slime the front tires or go with the zero flat. YOu will save time, money, and the hassle if you take care of those front castor tires right away. If you don't, you will get a lot of flats

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go with slim the zero flats get tore up due to rigidity. They have no flex when you run them into the side of the curbs etc. and knocks chumks out of them.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah, I don't even want to say it, but I have had really good luck not getting many puncture flats. But I've broken the bead seals on them a million and 37 times. Instant total off the rim flat that often has to be towed to the tire store to fix.

The small ones are bad for this. The big ones on my Z Two are not... or they haven't been so far I guess I should say. I have only broken the bead seal once on them. But the tire did not come fully break the bead seal. I just heard air squeel out of it, not a total flat. Just went and pumped it up.

But low and behold, sure enough when I took some time off a while back it sat and went flat. I figured because it sat and slow leaked so long. I pumped it up. Soon it was flat again. I thought sure I had a hole. I found it to be leaking around the bead. Some trash got down in there when I broke the seal that once. When it sat a long period and leaked flat the trash worked farther down on the bead, creating a fast leak. I had to clean that out. Not real fun.

I have found that the best thing to do is when you break the bead seal the first time and get a total flat.... Take it on to the tire store and have them apply that black bead sealer stuff and fix the tire. Believe it or not, this is a tremendous help once it is done. Back then, I didn't know about zero-flat tires and before the bead sealer.... to say I was ready to pull my hair out by the roots is an understatement!!! I had nightmares about curbs and such. I was ready to buy extra spare tire and wheel assemblies for the front from the MFG...

6. Envy Lawn Service

Not the ones on the eXmark Z's....

7. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you find the zero-flat tires in the correct size of a ZTR, or WB. I've only seen them on wheelbarrow.

8. tiedeman

from earth

9. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks Tiedeman

10. tiedeman

from earth

any time,

Just open up their online catalog and look through that.