Zero In put Poll

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by wallzwallz, Jul 22, 2008.

?

Your goal for Organics

1. zero in put

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 2-3 times a year treatments

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. as many organic treatments needed to meet customers expectations

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  4. Don't care as long as you make money

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Lately there's been a lot of talk of zero in put for your goal in organic. I was just interested in seeing where everyone's aim is. I have never posted a poll so hopefully this works.

2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats cool, how did you do that? I think polls are the best way to get the real info collected and easy to see with questions like that.

Although... I am coming to understand that there is really no such thing as a "zero-input" lawn, nothings perfect.

3. DeepGreenLawn

HAHA, I thought the as many as possible, was as many as possible to make money, guess I got the last two jumbled up. If I get a lawn zero-input that does not mean I take off my gloves and walk away, I will still do tests and adjust whatever either humans or nature messes up. I can garuntee you my customers will be happy.

4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

YOU dont have a space for me, NEGATIVE INPUTS????

5. DeepGreenLawn

I have heard you say this before, could you expound?

6. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

OHHHHH TREE!!!! That is related to the new idea you are working on... isn't it? I wanna know. :)

7. treegal1

waste, we use only waste, and harvest some things from the yards we do. carbon negative inputs?? water less over all or no water other than rain? one yard we do has a bee hive on it that that crazy sob i marred steals honey from all the time( in summer) food gardens every place i go, just the sunflowers we grow make almost 1200 lbs of seeds last year, and the customers love them to, most had no idea that sunflower seeds came from a flower!

so organics is great if you are using CMG and all that other jazz, zero inputs??? thats a Gray area with lawns!!!

negative input thats my thing............you reap what ya sow

8. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

TG, always a wisegal in the pack huh?lol as long as your getting paid for the negative that's better than zero right? I am w/ the present majority and what the customer wants.

9. DeepGreenLawn

ooooh, ok, so basically your taking waste from your yards and putting it back in your compost.

They didn't know sunflower seeds came from the flower? Hmm... I will tell you this though, I didn't realize they got as big as they do. I have been seeing some that would be WAY over my head it seems and I am about 6' 1".

10. treegal1

jd we are just moving to get a bigger place for the compost and to avoid 65K$ in assessments for sewer and water, with a repave to go. the closing is on fri and we are finishing moving tonight. we are down sizing to up-size, and also to better serve the new branches of our Co.

the new place has dock height ramps more space and less over head, plus it is closer to the needed inputs and out of the prying eyes of the zoning dept. more tid bits soon with pics..........

hey I am a service i voted for the cust!!!