Zero radius mowers breaking sprinkler heads

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by walterwilde, Nov 22, 2008.

1. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I dont care. The last time i checked the site was named LAWNSITE.COM. I wasnt going to waste my time with a lengthy post for this guy. The irrigation and lighting guys are alot alike. Not sure why they think what they do is rocket science. I have installed numerous miles of sewer main, water and sewer hookups, site development and i get attitude by these toy pipe layers. Its a joke.
  2. When I resume my business back home, I will make it a point to test run the entire sprinkler system, zone by zone with the owner before beginning any service. Be absolutely certain the system is in good working order. This will establish a baseline by which we will all be on the same page. Any broken heads/substandard installs that are discovered will not be blamed on me. At that time the repair can be an extra charge whether I do it or sub it out.
    I remember when I first started I overlooked test runs, and this thread has prompted me to be more cautious. Thanks again LS posters!
    BTW I love the irrigation forum! I don't have anything to contribute that they don't already know. Be careful with your questions, if they could already be answered by reading a simple Rainbird/Toro web page! If you have need of irrigation knowledge check out this link.