1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn 34' mower worth it???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonestarlandscaping, Jan 31, 2008.

1. lonestarlandscaping

lonestarlandscaping LawnSite Member

I have been looking into buying a 34 inch Z rider. I looked at the Encore 34 the Exmark phazer and the Toro 34. Is it worth $4500.00 if I already have 2 belt driven 32's? Also is a Wright stander better than a small zero turn?
  2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 34" phazer and like it. I had a 32" toro w/b before that but find the 34" rider a really good deal. More hp and hydro trans. I got mine on promo for $4000.
  3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

You can pick up an Exmark Phazer here for $3995. Imo, riding is better than walking anytime except when it's really wet and soggy. Can't comment on the stander as I've never used one.
  4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

You also might want to look at the Gravely 34Z. A very well built little mower. Also the Scag Z Cat is a nice unit.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Unless you have a LOT of small gates, I don't think it's worth it. Especially if you already have 2 - 32's.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

A 34 rider is well worth the money. I have the gravely, but I bought it before most of the others came out. If I were to get one now it would be a exmark, dixie, or toro. I bought it to save on fatiuge, and it does so more than I thought, but also saves alot of time and can do many other things a w/b or stander cant do.

7. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

I'm a one man show and the Toro Z Master with 19hp kawi and floating deck have made me more efficient and reduced fatigue which allow me to do a better job and make more money. A lot of my gates are small. BUT, my Toro doesn't like slopes.
  8. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

$4500 for the Phazer is a little high, my local dealer has them for $3895 but I Love Exmark and would go that route....depends on how close your local dealer is and your relationship with them.....if you have a good relationship with on thats 15-20mins further away that can get you in and out faster it's time saving which results in more money for you!
  9. VMS

VMS LawnSite Member

check out the scag zcat, a liitle harder to find but well worth the money and built like a tank.:usflag:
  10. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

just bought an ariens 34'... i know there cheap but i traded a wore out 21'' toro for it and 400.00 bucks for a new engine for it.. but i used it last week and it has helped were i couldnt fit my 48'' great dane in small back yards.. but i think its all about dealer relationships go were you feel comfortable with them , i have an exmark dealer less than a mile from my house and i dont shop there, so go with what you know works.