zero turn advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Apr 4, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

what would you recommend the exmark lazerHP 52 in, or the toro zmaster or whatever the equivilent is to it, i believe zmaster 52 inch? all comments much appreciated

2. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I recommend the scag tiger cub,
    I had a scag tiger cub with a 52" deck and 23 kaw and it was a good mower. It stuck to any hill I took it to. I cut really nice and with the strip kit on the mower it made awsome stripes. I never had one problem with mine. I recently sold it due to needing a bigger mower. I put 1800 hours on it before I sold it. I had no problems at all. I only replace the deck belt 3 times. I ran double blades from the first time I used my mower and did doubles year round and till I sold it.

Edit:
    why I went with scag
    I bought scag for a few reasons:

1. greasable cast Iron spindles (exmark has sealed bearing cast alum. spindles)

2. has timpkin roller bearing (the best.)

3. Heavy gauge deck

4. hill capibility

5. really fast in getting parts (only needed belts)

6. smooth ride

7. easiest to control out of the mowers I tested (I tested exmark,steiner,bob cat, cub, and gravely)

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the Toro. The new Turbo Force deck is really good(so I hear). I have a 52" Z Master and have alwats been quite happy with it.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Demo them so you can see what fits YOUR needs. All great mowers, I think you'd be happy with any of them.

5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Ex-mark and Toro are both good mowers/hane you looked at a Hustler Z or Super Z

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Want Zero Turn advice - Buy JD - best service - best machine.
    Second - Forget the Zero Turn and buy a tractor - :sleeping:

7. imagination

imagination LawnSite Member

I have always had Scags and have liked them. I actually have a 2004 Tiger Cub, 52", 24 hp honda, for sale if you are interested, I bought it in 8/04 and need to sell it as my business has changed. Its basically brand new, email me at imaginationlandscaping@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Thanks John

8. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Do youself a favor and demo a hustler. You might just be surprised.

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You may want to loom at a Ferris. They are heavy built mowers that cut good and they have 4 wheel suspension for a smooth ride and a more even cut. take a look at them and i'm sure you'll be glad you did.