Zero-Turn Burn!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tatesville, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Tatesville

Tatesville LawnSite Member

Anybody got any advice on how to keep from tearing up the grass when i make sharp turns on my zero-turn? Ive gotten better at it, but it still tear it up some. Thanks. :help:
  2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

become efficient at the 3-point turn. with a little english, the tires will just lay down a little grass
  3. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Slow down at the end of your row, watch your inside tire of your turn. When you get to the end slow down, pull back on your inside turn tire, make sure it has started rotating backwards then push your outside leverforward. See if that helps.
  4. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

in my opinion the three point turn idea works the best at the end of each row.
  5. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Please explain the 3 Point Turn. This is my first point. :)
  6. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Whoops...I meant to say my first post.

Sorry about that! Must be too excited, as I haven't been able to log in for some time!
  7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep LawnSite Member

Does anyone notice clumps when turning while mulching? I sometimes make wide turns to avoid clumping in tall grass.

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

9. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Tates, I believe if you do a search on this topic you will find a tremendous amount of information. This topic has been covered several times in the past. Good luck and practice, practice, practice. Tony