zero turn leaf vac?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jay albers, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

Man i would love a trac vac but there so pricey,

Anyone know another brand that is'nt so much money?

i saw a company called Hasty vacs. Any body have one of these? Or any other brand?

thanks, Jay
  2. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

What brand of machine do you have? I have a Toro vac system(same as the Exmark). They are about $2,000).If you use it very much it will pay for itself.
  3. jay albers

i have a scag freedom z
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

For leaves or grass?
  5. jay albers

Im more looking for a vac for grass, i have a bagger already on my freedom z, it does pretty good with leaves, but with grass it sucks!

the chute gets clogged all the time, the grass has to be short and dry for it to work at all. basically useless
  6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I can do either with mine because it has a vac motor(drives off the chute side spindle). If I use mine every week it starts to kill the grass after a month or so.That makes it a lot better than just a bagger.
  7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Peco has a 2 bagger with a motor that the engine on the mower runs for $999, we put it on our Bad Boy Zt's, they work really good with the motor, useless without a motor. They offer is for $499 without the fan motor, but grass gets clogged really easy.
  8. gen-lee

gen-lee LawnSite Member

nothing works better than my walker 26 HP EFI with a 48" deck. the large hole screen lets me bag wet grass and the regular screen does a great job with leaves. I have done some hurricane cleanup and it has made me some good money gettin properties back in shape for the labor Day weekend
  9. PecoVacs

PecoVacs Inactive

Our Pro 2 bagger is custom fit for the Scag Freedom Z. Will fit on either 48" or 52" deck and any engine option. The blower is powered by the mower's engine and has a quick connect boot that allows for side discharging without removing any parts of the bagger. It retails for $1149 and can be purchased through your Scag dealer. Check out the video below to see it in action.

10. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

You get what you pay for, thats all I'll say.