1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Zero turn, line trimmer, any users?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blair smock, Aug 4, 2004.

1. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Hi guys, I have read all the info previously posted on the 4m and the Peco Ztrimmer (Zero turn trimmers). I was just curious if any one actually uses them, for their accounts. They are billed to edge and trim. I know they would not work for all applications but they look like they would work well for around trees and the side of buildings. I would also like to know if they work for edging along side a sidewalk etc. If you havent seen them, here are the links-

2. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Very interesting. I'm afraid I would knock it off before I got used to it being there.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried the electric version of the 4M trimmer. The motor wasn't strong enough, and it was hard to get used to moving the head in and out with the foot pedal.

The biggest problem I had, was when you're on a slight incline, either up or down, the trimmer head is at the same angle as the deck, so if you're trying to trim something that's in the valley of a ditch, or on the top along a road or something, the trimmer was still at an angle that wouldn't trim.

It's hard to explain it, but think about when you're trimming areas that aren't flat, and how you have to rotate your wrists to angle the trimmer head differently. It isn't the easiest to do that with the 4M trimmer.