zero turn mower advice. .

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by S & L Lawn Solutions, Aug 18, 2013.

1. S & L Lawn Solutions

S & L Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member

In need of info...can anyone tell me the difference between. Exmark,scag,hustler,grasshopper,dixie chopper. . Im looking for a good dependable,durable. .commercial mower

2. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

You will get all sorts of different opinions on this one, i own a toro and so far it has been great i wish it was more stable on hills and a little smoother ride. scags i hear nothing but good things and several guys around here thats all they run and seem to cut great also

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

This going be a fun thread to read

I run Dixie Choppers I have own 12 since 1985 and Still have 10 of them they mow some where.
    If you a tall guy a DC will fit you well
    Mine do well on steep slopes This is the Classic models I'm talking about in the 60'' deck size
    If you have acres to cut the 3372 will cut grass
    New models of the classic ride smooth at high speed and cut well with nice stripe

Good luck on your hunt

4. S & L Lawn Solutions

thanks for the input...

5. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

demo demo demo. can't stress this enough, wish i would have before i bought my 2nd wright

6. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

"Exmark,scag,hustler,grasshopper,dixie chopper."

I have owned 3 out of the five brands listed, Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. I know a few with grasshopper and Dixie Chopper.

The only one I would personally stay away from is the grasshopper. I would make your decision based on your local service provider. All mowers break down if used. Look at the warranty of each, cost of general repairs and parts, etc...

Happy Shopping!

7. Southern grass

Southern grass LawnSite Member

Like sprinkler said look at your local dealer and the service it provides and warranty and finance offers if you must finance one all those mowers are good grass hopper beig my least favorite also exmark kubota an scag are my top three

8. S & L Lawn Solutions

Thanks for all the info... my two that I'm looking at hard is the Scag and Exmark.60"cut.

9. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

We run Exmarks, 2, LazerZ, one is a '08 and the other a '09. They have always been great, but have their issues in wet grass. Pretty sure our next one will be a Kubota diesel. Like others have said, you're biggest thing is going to be dealer support. The only thing locally we have (immediate area 10 mile radius) is Gravely and JD.... and both dealers SUCK! My Exmark dealer is an hour away, but they are worth it and for LCOs, they provide free units while your equipment is being worked on/serviced.

10. Southern grass

Southern grass LawnSite Member

I second gcbaily on the bota diesels they are built like tanks and walk through anything