zero turn mower advice. .

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by S & L Lawn Solutions, Aug 18, 2013.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

only thing about the Kubotas, which a lot of it is the diesel, they are just massive. I saw one with a 72" deck and I swear it was bigger than a VW beetle.

2. Southern grass

Southern grass LawnSite Member

Yeah the 72s are pigs but the smaller 221 with the 48 and 54 inch deck are really nice machines not to bulky but built like little tanks

3. The Kid

The Kid LawnSite Member

I have tested most mowers including the scag two speed, the scag turf tiger, husqvarna (pro), dixie chopper, big dogs, hustler, john deere and every thing else I've seen.
    I believe that Exmark is the best. Your customers will love it. It has a wonderful cut. It can handle thick, tall or anything you throw at it. You will love it as well and good luck!

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

yep you are right they walk but I rather run walking is to slow:laugh:

5. S & L Lawn Solutions

S & L Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member

What makes the Exmark mower so much better than the Gravely. I was at a dealer yesterday that sales both. He was trying much harder to sale the Exmark.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe he sold to many Gravely and needed to move Exmarks

7. The Kid

The Kid LawnSite Member

The Gravely is not a bad mower. Not as good of a finish cut as an Exmark. Of course, this is my opinion, so don't take it to heart. The Exmark is owned by Toro, and are almost the same mower. I think the Exmark is a bit cheaper. You won't be sorry for buying an Exmark. I can't say that about any other mower.