zero turn mower advise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowyourlawn.ca, Mar 28, 2012.

1. mowyourlawn.ca

mowyourlawn.ca LawnSite Member

I have about $6000 for a zero turn mower, any sugestions? i have looked at the john deere z445 and some of the gravely products, i want to make the right decision.

http://www.mowyourlawn.ca :canadaflag:

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

It really depends on what brand has the better customer support in your area. We recently looked for a new skid steer. The one we purchased was more expensive than some of the others but in a crunch if you need parts or customer support who will be there for you? Sometimes that is a better question than machine performance.

3. ttstockdogs

ttstockdogs LawnSite Member

If this is for a commercial business I would not consider a Z445, they are not built heavy duty enough for everyday use.

This is a homeowner model it lists for $4,699 with a 48" deck. the Z645 with 48" deck lists for $5,799. You have left out some important details about what you need. My cousin has the Z445 and it is fine for a average home yard.

4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, Toro, Exmark~~~There are a few of some of the best names on the market..We have the Toro Zmaster, we also have Lesco Zero-Turns, but they have gone out of production(they sure were bang for the buck mowers)....

We also have a 52" Stand-On "Surfer"(Love it!) But my true pride & joy is the 60" Zmaster, it is like it could mow by itself it's so smooth! Hope that helps buddy!

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For about $850 more you can buy a Z720 Deere. I just sold mine and bought a Z950, but not because there was anything wrong with the 720. It is a great mower that is just overlooked most of the time. It is also a true commercial machine, and will last a homeowner for a lifetime if taken care of properly.

If all you have to spend right now is $6k, take advantage of Deere's 0% for 36 months financing promo they have right now, and finance the remaning balance & tax.

6. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Gravely has alot of bang for the buck also. The Pro-Turn 100 series XDZ is perhaps the best value on the market right now in sit down Z's. Sheffield financing is running a 0% for 48mo. I've been quoted a price of $7,600 (otd) w/mulch kit installed for a P/T 152.