Zero Turn Mower - Front Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ted corriher, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ted corriher

ted corriher LawnSite Member

Thanks Bruce! We just finished uploading the second independant evaluation, and if you thought the first test was convincing, just check out the second one. The tester took the Tedbrakes down several slopes including a 24 degree slope that was very damp with evening dew and had a 2 ft. ditch right at the bottom of the slope.

Watch Second Independant Evaluation Here

If you are in doubt about whether they work . . . you need to watch this video.

2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the reply Ted. I agree that the updated setup looks a lot more sturdier and more suitable for mowing the way I described. I wish you good luck with your product and I wish I had a set of Tedbrakes on my Z.

3. ted corriher

We wish you did too. That is the next step and why we have included a way to contact your manufacturer on our new website and let them know that you want the Tedbrakes front braking system on your next ZTR mower.

We hope to have a good showing at the GIE Expo (booth #10126), and the forum members here at LawnSite.com have truly been awesome at addressing the End User's concerns. That feedback has been instrumental in the new and improved design.

If you are reading this and don't think the the Tedbrakes system would be effective . . . just check out this video!

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

ok, so i really like the fiting on the kubota. i inquired earlier about those but you have not done it until now. i would be interested in this option of course, but really want to try it. i wont be able to attend the show, but my dad and another crew leader are coming. do you have an outdoor booth by chance they could check it out?

5. ted corriher

We chose to have an indoor booth to get as close to as many major manufacturers as possible.
    [​IMG]

We are bringing 4 Tedbrakes Demo mowers with us (including the Kubota), but with the expensive cost to even get a 20x20 booth . . . we may not have room for all of them.

If this is the case, then we will keep one mower in reserve out of our booth and outside of the expo building. . . then all we have to do is find a hill after hours for people to test it on.:)

That scenerio is only if we cannot fit it in our booth space. We look forward to seeing your Dad and Crew Leader at the Show!

6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

no they would do drifting :laugh:

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

you could allways extend the cover over like this

teddiscbrake1.jpg

8. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can drift on them without front brakes. Ask me how I know.

10. ted corriher

Sliding down a hill?