1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn Mower - Front Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ted corriher, Aug 11, 2009.

1. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I think Ted is onto a good idea here....once the logistics are worked out this may take off. I'd certainly pay $650 for front brakes if I had the choice.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You are required to buy the mower from Ted. The $200 shipping includes shipping the mower to you. Installation of the brakes is included.

Bad Boy is allowing this but is not offering this. This whole transaction is a Ted Corriher deal and is run through his Bad Boy dealership.

3. ted corriher

ted corriher LawnSite Member

Right on the Money! Thanks for clarifying it Richard.

4. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

And you've sold how many?

What kind of service will you get from not buying your new Bad Boy mower from your closest Bad Boy dealer?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  5. ted corriher

ted corriher LawnSite Member

Well, we just posted it to Ebay a couple days ago and have had almost 400 people look at it and several very interested phone calls. I can't imagine why a Bad Boy dealer would refuse to service simply because someone bought that mower specifically for the Front Braking System because they were concerned for their safety.

If anything, the dealer would probably be contacting Bad Boy and want to know why that option wasn't available for them to offer their local customers.

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I would buy a Bad Boy if it had Front Braking .So for now I will make my own front brakes I was working on them before I ever saw a Tedbrake.

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy offers their own kinda braking system. It comes as an option at any dealership. It is $499, but they require ROPS with it as well which is $299. The system works differently as when you squeeze the handle it locks the front wheels from spinning. Helps you make perfect stripes, and also holds on a hill. Very neat design, I thought would break easy, but the extra guard around the disc and protected from everything I have rammed into. Love the design mainly for the striping as we don't have many hills here. I tested it on the overpasses several times with guys, and they love it.... Handle grip is similiar to brake on a quad and is mounted on your ZTR handle. Brakes are hydraulic disc brake I believe is what you would call it...

front_disc_brakes.jpg

8. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

If we all had this http://www.toro.com/en-us/golf/mowers/trim-surround/pages/series.aspx?sid=groundsmaster-360 we don't need brake.

9. NJDLLC

NJDLLC LawnSite Member

The brakes are interesting. The Bad Boy mower is not.

10. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I agree, what a piece of junk this is, I cant believe they actually expect people to pay $11500 for a mower with a cat diesel motor 18 gallon tanks, 9 quart hydro reservoir, 5 guage 1/4 solid steel deck, grammer msg65 seat, 4 rail 11 guage 2x2 frame, pro mag 250 clutch, 15mph, or a 31hp Kawasaki for $7699, or a 26hp kawasaki for $6999 with a 5 guage deck and 5400's. They are definately not gonna be in business long selling this kinda junk to people for so much money, prolly all made in indonesia then shipped to Batesville, Ar to sell. Bunch of crazy Arkansas Rednecks building a lawn mower, run far away....lol. They make them too easy to work on, scares me because I have never had to work on a mower before, why would they make their's "Easy to work on"? :nono: My trailer and my mowers I picked up as demoes at the factory.

2011-10-12 08.02.50.jpg

262817_147811508633914_7011557_n.jpg

compact_diesel_main_pic.jpg