1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn Mower Recommendation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HUNTER1, Apr 27, 2011.

1. HUNTER1

HUNTER1 LawnSite Member
    from NC

Hey guys, I just finished building my first home and planted some bermuda grass this weekend. I have a 2 acre lot.

Obviously I'm in the market for a zero turn mower and need some assistance with choices. I want a mower that will make cutting time short and enjoyable. I also want a mower that is well built and durable. That being said I was planning on buying a commercial grade mower. My budget is about 7000 dollars.

After lots of research and shopping, (considering my limited knowlege on the subject) - I've come to like the snapper pro 61 inch cut (kawasaki engine) for $7000.

What are yalls thoughts on this mower - any better options or suggestions that immediatley pop into your mind.

All help is appreciated

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

They are fantastic mowers. Great cut and smooth steering. You will not be disapointed in that mower.

3. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

For a homeowner wanting pro quality you can get a hustler home version and be happy and content for YEARS to come. The pro mowers are built for 10 hour use days 5 days a week totaling thousands of hours in the life of the mower. You'll be lucky to put 2 hours a week on the thing. By the time you need a new one you'll probably have bought another one.

Now if your bound and determined to get a pro mower even though you don't necessarily NEED one, Snapper is ok, I'd try to find a close out on previous year Toro, Exmark or Scag. Something else to think about is the added expense of the suspension seat you'll end up getting because a ZTR will kill your back. So with that said, you can get a nice large decked walk behind and be VERY happy with it. You're talking about minutes difference in cutting time and hundreds if not close to a thousand or more difference in price, including a two wheel sulky.

4. HUNTER1

HUNTER1 LawnSite Member
    from NC

how long should i expect to spend mowing 2 acreas with a snapper pro 61 inch?

5. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

30-45 minutes tops. Saying that you dont have 400 trees.