1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

zero turn mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by csmith90, Jun 11, 2003.

1. csmith90

csmith90 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am in the market for a zero turn rider. Mainly for home use for a approx 1 acre yard. Would be interested in any recs that you can make regarding make, and model, and if this is a good idea versus a walk behind...thanks
  2. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have a lesco viper. I have to say it's the biggest peice of junk I've ever used. Sure, it's comfortable to sit and swirl around , but I've broken 3 yokes in the past 3 weeks, and 3 prior in the past 3 months.
  3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We have a Viper and dpnt have those problems, also just picked up a Demo Z2 60 25kaw with 200hrs for $5000 and a full 2 yr warranty. Adding a 52 Wb and a 48 Wb all Lesco.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I work with my soon to be father-in-law , we have two cub's..... A 60 inch and a 72 inch. The 60 inch has over 400 hours and nothing has gone wrong with it. We also have a 48 inck MTD pro walk behind.... we put about 1/2 hour a week on the W/B. That speaks for itself.......... Cub's are great, we have had very good luck with them. They have the same pumps as most other brands.
  5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on Fastrak. This is a ztr for home use for about $4800 but is built like the commercial Hustler models but a smaller version. this should last your years and years for 1 acre or maybe a life time.
  6. csmith90

csmith90 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I searched for fastrak, and cannot find anything...do you have another name or search term.. Thanks for the advice
  7. csmith90

csmith90 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

never mind..found it in the hustler site
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Hey I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that his name is Bernie Wright? He is on LS (I guess you knew that LOL)... has that exact setu that you described...
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

zero turn. u mean u cant turn it at all.
    hum ,what do u do just pick it up an turn it around at the end o the yd..:)
    get a lazer
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

you a cowboy?, I bent one once, fell off a curb was still useable, now its a spare.