Zero Turn Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victo, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

What you guys thinking about the sears craftman zero turning mower. It's 18 hp and 50 in deck. Is it good commercial mower? The price is $3299.88. Any thing good compare to this. I am looking for a smaller deck with 42 or 48in.

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Take your $3300 and buy a commercial walk behind. This craftsman will be underpowered and a piece of sh!t.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like it might last a year...maybe.

4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have just one word, Crapsman!

Buy a 36" w/b for that money. :waving:

5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

My neighbor has one for is on home... It broke down like a week after he had it..... They gave him a new... Sears is pretty good about warranty work and backing there products..... I still think its a POS..... for that much you can get a nice year old TTHP

6. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

PLEASE put that money on a walkbehind or a used ZTR. DO NOT waste your hard earned money on a Craftsmen ZTR mower.......

7. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler Fastrak now has a one year or (400 hour) commercial warranty, four year residential on the mower if your looking for a small ztr. It comes in 44 and 52 inch decks with honda,kohler options. Check them out if you have a dealer locally. there is a good financing deal now also, no interest or payments until January 2006.

8. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

I decided to drop the crapsman from my list. What you guys think about the Toro mowers. Which is one better the the Timecutter Z series or the ZX series. Looks like the Timecuuter Z series are very reasonable price for the 18hp.

9. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

Buy A fastrak. If you only need to cut 10 - 20 lawns, the fstrak will be perfect. I demoed a walker and I instantl decided to get it because I'm looking for more costomers. However if your the only operator and your cutting 10-20 per week then the fastrak will be perfect.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Again, this is a homeowner mower......remember you GET what you PAY for.