Zero turn mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Shaw, Apr 12, 2002.

1. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

I'm starting my own lawn care and landscaping business and was wondering about pros and cons on the various brands of zero turn mowers. I'm leaning towards the Scag Tiger Cub right now.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey welcome to lawnsite u have come to a great place. try doing a search you will get tons of info. the scag is a great mower as are all the others, best thing to do is demo them, then see which cons will hurt u and which wont, which pros will help u the most and which wont.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

none ofum worth a flip.:) exmark lazer,hustler,dixie,toro,
    are some that good good marks on this forum.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Make certain if there is a Walker dealer in your area you look at them.

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

BUY THE SCAG '' SIMPLY THE BEST'' :blob2:

6. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I bought the Tiger Cub last year and I'm very pleased with it. If I had to do it over again, I would have choosen the 52" with a 20 horse on it. The bigger deck makes it easier to trim around trees and bushes without tearing up the turf. They have made quite a few improvements since last year too. Lower center of gravity, controls up on your left side, instead of between your legs, etc. I think you'll be happy with the Scag, but you really need to demo a several different kinds. Some guys just think that because its the one they own then it must be the best. I say to each his own. Try a few different kinds and then decide. Thats what I did and I'm happy. :D

7. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Go out and demo, pick what you like and a dealer that will give you good service, and use that search!

Hank

8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i'm in ft. madison, give me a call if you'd like to demo a few different brands

319-470-1330

dave

9. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

depends on your needs. I use a tiger cub on small residential,& cemeteries. 48" 19 ka.no problems in three yr.nice cut. nice foot print good size for tight areas. sometimes a little under powered. I use Dc's on large cuts. I will be buying A new small mower this summer will be 52" 23hp. Kaw.
    thinking of trying Exmark hear alot of good things
    about them.But the Scag has treated me well.

10. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

I have several brands also. Take a look at the Walker for sure. There is a reason they are the number one selling outfront ZTR on the market.