zero turn mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LuebbertLawncare_inc, Feb 6, 2004.

1. LuebbertLawncare_inc

LuebbertLawncare_inc LawnSite Member

All my company ever used has been toro and exmark walk behinds. We are looking to purchase a two zero turns a 44" and a 60". I see alot of companies with ferris, scag, exmark, toro and a few dixie choppers. I also seen a new one come out called everide at the small engine shop I deal with. Does anybody have any suggestions on what does an overall best cut and ground speed. We also want something that is durable and easy to maintain.

Thanks
    Jason

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo one of these!!
    John

934-500.jpg

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

John it would take him all day to cut a 5K lawn on that,
    ;) assuming he could get in the seat!

There will be lots of opinions on this one so all I will say is demo lots of them on your properties. You wouldn't just walk into a car dealer and give em 10 grand without a test drive. Good Luck

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It does get into small places LOLOL Just having some fun:D

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Try a Hustler Super Z. It will run circles around everything in the Exmark line, as well as all the others. Only machine that is as fast is the DC but the cut and quality are not even close to the Hustler.

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

try one of these.......

7. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

whoops forgot the pic....

mower1.jpg

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

You may not want to test a Ferris with the suspension... Once you get used to a suspension mower, you will not want to operate any other mower.

JMHO

9. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LOL! :laugh:

10. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

Here is a shot of a mower i have been testing for about a year and a half. It's a Lastec coming to the market very soon. For 13 yrs i was in my own cutting bis. we ran Scag, Dixie Chopper, Hustler they are all good mowers. one thing about this mower i like so much is that it was designed with a tremendous amount of input from commercial cutters you know the folks that set in the seat every day. I will tell you a couple of things about this mowers that's different. 1. Spring mounted seat for years i bounced around on back breaking seats, this seat setup truly takes out the back breaking impact.. don't get me wrong you can still tell you are on rough ground but that metal to metal bottoming out feeling is gone. 2. Inverted V deck makes this deck cut awesome on contours where most decks would dip or scalp.

dscn3261.jpg