Zero Turn options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colawn, May 28, 2006.

1. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

Hi Guys I am wondering if there is a zero turn mower that will fit through a 36" gate and the deck is mounted in front of the mower to get under swings etc. I know you can get the phazar but the deck is under the mower which doesn't work well for my yards. Thanks

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You may want to check out a Walker Mower.

3. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

I think a walker is to wide to fit through a gate:cry:

4. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

Yeah the wheel base on a walker is like 42". I don't know of any others, you may have to go with a walk behind with a sulky.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The Gravely 34

6. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 30 inch ZTR! :)
    A new Dixon Zeeter. I know it's not commercial but it works for the few yards that I have with smaller gates. I just sold my Toro Proline 48" and I'm gonna buy another large ZTR and a walkbehind. NO TORO!

7. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

That would fit through the gate but it's a mid mount he is looking for a front mount.

8. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

thanks for the responses guys. the gravely is just like the phazar being a mid mount. right now I have some 32 walkbehinds but I am looking to get more productive. I can't really use a sulky b/c my yard average about 2500 sq ft. w/ gates and all kinds of small areas where a sulky would just get in the way. Maybe the 32 stander would work. Does anyone run one? If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them.
    Thanks

9. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

sometimes you cna cheat a too wide front mower deck through a too narrow gate if you have room.

approach at an angle, put the mower deck through the gate sideways, and work the mower through.

years ago i used to put an 18 foot hay rake through 12 foot gates regularly this way.