Zero turn question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, Apr 6, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Is the Exmark Navigator or the Walker Model C worth the money? I would get the 42" model of either. I would use it mostly for residential customers, and maybe 1 or 2 commercials. Do they manuver well in tight spaces, and do they suck up grass well? Also, do they work well for picking up after dethatching, or would I still have to rake before using it?

Im kinda leaning to the Navigator because I would have to order the Walker, and there is a 1-2 yr old Navigator that has never been used at my local dealer.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. doubleedge

from ND

Someone must have experience with these mowers...

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have never used the Navigator, but I love my Walker-MT. Yes they are great for collecting and yes they are good for landscaped and tight areas. The only time they are not good is for large wide-open areas. By the way the cut is great since the deck moves independant of the tractor.

4. doubleedge

from ND

Thanks for a response! I have heard people say navigators are better and others say walkers are better, so I assume they are about the same since exmark pretty much copied the design with minor changes. How do you dump the collecter? Do you just dump on the ground and pick it up, use a tarp, or use some other form? Also, how much of an avg. size lawn can you mow before you dump?

5. doubleedge

from ND

Can anybody else give some input?

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have an enclosed trailer, so I just back in and dump in the front of it then use a scoop to empty out the side door. The nav will open the back door when the bin is lifted and the walker will not. With the walker you can get a power dump or a high-lift that can dump in the rear of a truck bed. As for as how much I have to dump that varies on what type of grass and how tall and thick it is. On tall and thick turf you can fill up a hopper in a hurry.