Zero Turn Residential Tractor Reviews Needed!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mguidera, Jan 10, 2007.

1. mguidera

mguidera LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am comparing the following 2007 Models and am looking for pros and cons of each. Cub Cadet Z-Force 50, Toro ZX-480 & John Deere EZTrak Z445.

I have narrowed it down to these 3 but I am looking for help.

Thanks in advance.

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I can't help you too much, since I haven't used any of these mowers. But I do have a couple of questions for you. How much are you mowing? And I understand you've narrowed it down in your mind already, but have you considered any commercial quality mowers?

3. mguidera

mguidera LawnSite Member
    from PA

nmez21,

I have looked at commercial, but want to stay around 4k for the tractor and prefer new with warranty. I cut a little over an acre but with lots of trees and mulch beds. Currently use a standard Cub Cadet Tractor.

4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

cuz next door has a Cub Cadet Z-Force 50.he just cuts his yard and it is about 1.5 acre,lots of trees and flower beds and other junk.i have used it before i got mine and liked it.the JD is very new and have not used one,looked at them the other day while at deere,they look better built to me than the cub.

5. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Hustler Mini Fastrack w/ the 17 HP Kohler engine and 42" blade for sale. The unit was bought in October brand new from a Hustler dealer. The unit has approx 15 hours on it so it is almost brand new. The warrenty is able to be tranferred to you. The unit has an hour meter, mulching kit, flex forks and a home made striping kit. I am selling because we are moving into a condo so I have no need for this unit. I live right outside of Cleveland, Ohio so we aren't to far apart in distance. I am asking $3500 for this unit. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in. Go to http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/ProductPages/ProductPagesRes/MiniFasTrak/MFTPage/MFTpage.html for more information on this unit.....Striper

6. mguidera

mguidera LawnSite Member
    from PA

Can't buy a used one because I am trading in a Cub Cadet LT2180 Lawn Tractor. Unless I sell it outright but don't have room for 2. Would need to sell mine first.

Thanks though.

7. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

New home owner Deere handles great. Get dealer to let you ride around the lot on it. Has Kawasaki engine and same frame and drive sysem as 717's...Deck of a 500 series. Steering has shocks like commercial grade.

8. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't dismiss the used Hustler so quickly! Hustler makes good mowers. Put an ad in the paper and sell yours first.

9. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

You can always buy mine now and sell yours in the Spring. I will even throw in a plastic tarp that you can use for the old tractor so you can store it outside. That way it will be protected from the rain and snow. Regardless, the Hustler is going to sit in my garage until it is sold so if you change your mind......................

10. mguidera

mguidera LawnSite Member
    from PA

lawnstriper23 You can always buy mine now and sell yours in the Spring. I will even throw in a plastic tarp that you can use for the old tractor so you can store it outside. That way it will be protected from the rain and snow. Regardless, the Hustler is going to sit in my garage until it is sold so if you change your mind......................

Will let you know if I change my mind. Don't want 2 units here. Would have to sell mine first.

Thanks again.