Zero turn riders. Who's buying what?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by itsnatural, Apr 13, 2004.

1. itsnatural

itsnatural LawnSite Member

Looking for some insight on what the pros are using. Best bang for the buck!!

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought a scag tiger cub today, i like the deck and the price of the mower, i got a 48'' deck, 20 hp kohler. i went for the 48'' deck for 2 reasons. 1 it was on sale and 2 I do mostly residentials and I think the 48 is suited a lil better for residential. hmmm a pro well i quess im about 1/2 scrub trying to get to a pro lol. The scag is on sale for $5999

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I just bought a Dixie chopper, there is pics of it in the pic forum.

You will get lots of replies for Exmark, Scag and Hustler.

grass_cutting_fool, it was on sale foe $5999? the normal price here is $5995 but i saw one on sale for $5000 even not to long ago. It had like 20 hrs on it. (dealer demo)

4. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same mower as grass cuttin fool is, who has great taste by the way.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you live on your mower, 10-12 hour days 6 days a week, I don't understand why there aren't more people using Ferris??? With the independant suspension and all?? I realize that you're not going to get one with 4 wheel IS for $5500, but shoot, it's a tax benefit and you're not all beat to death by the time you get home, even if you do have suspension seat. I've got 2 in my trailer.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah my dealer says that if they dont have the factory promo on that the mower sells for about 6250 here. I must live in the highest place there is to buy a mower lol . Bottum price on an exmark with a 48 inch deck was 6900, and a john deere 737 with a 54'' deck was 7900 and a toro with a 52'' deck was 6400. I see in other post that people get mowers for a lot less but that is the prices here. Wish I could of found the one with 20 hours and 1000 less that really sounds like a good buy

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never mind. :blush:

8. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

Encore Prowler, 61" deck, full articulating deck, susp. seat, 27 hp LC kaw., can mow the deep stuff @ 8mph (full spd is 10mph)! PTO shaft driven deck=effeciency.

9. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I look for something versatile and will last, and good dealer support. I chose a Hustler Z 60" 24hp Honda. Lifetime warranty on frame, low center of gravity for slope handling, reliability from the Honda engine, 11 mph is not the fastest but useable with this mower if conditions allow, compact at 75" in length, 1100 lbs does not rut yards, not terribily expensive, they list for low $9's but you can get them in the mid $8's. The 60" is the perfect size for my needs because I have some large commercials to go with the residentials and I can use it on most all of them.

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought a scag tiger cub 48 near the end of last season.It now has 100 hours on it have no complaints yet.Stripes good but i may looking into the new striping kits scag has just to make them look ever better.