zero turn scuffing yard

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Imp, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Imp

Imp LawnSite Member

I bought a new simplicity javelin a few mounths back I used it a few times but no matter how gently I try and turn around it tears or scuffs the grass I think the right side control isnt adjusted right even though it tracks straitanyone got a clue ? I have a small dixon z turn and it doesnt tear up the yards? LMN Thanks

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

keep both wheels moving in all your turns. either both going forward or one forward and one reverse. do 3 point turns.

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I see this happen all the time with people that are new to ZTR machines. I have had more than a few people that just bought Walker mowers bring them back saying the same thing. You need to do 3 point turns or high radius turns. Doing tight turns in a ZTR is just like locking the tracks on a dozer, you are going to dig up some dirt. You need to keep both wheels turning at all times to prevent this. Take the mower out back where it does not mater if you do some damage and just practice and get use to the machine. That is at it. Just remember to either do 3 point turns or high radius turns to prevent lawn damage. Have fun and good luck.