Zero (turn) Suspension

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tatesville, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Tatesville

Tatesville LawnSite Member

Ive love my new Gravely 144z, no complaints whatsoever, unless of course you count its complete lack of any stock suspension. Has anybody bought the accessory seat suspension kit for their Gravely? I think its making me shorter by the day, and my back has been killing me. Would you think its funny if your new car came without any shocks? Seems to me that not having a back-breaking ride would be a selling point. It sounds like I better order the seat suspension kit, but doesnt it seem like it should have been a stock item?
  2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

reduce the air pressure in your tires, Gravely recommends too much air! And yes, the suspension makes a big difference.

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I have the 144z also and I had the suspension seat added when I bought it and it helps a whole lot. They do ride rough with out it but as someone else pointed out you can also let some air out of the tires and that helps some too. If you check most other manufacturers, the suspension seat is almost always an option, although like you I think it should be standard. Hope this helps.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Let the air out of the tires first. The suspension seat will let you ride over the bumps to fast and you will bounce the deck up and down and your cut quality will suffer.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Try 10 PSI... somewhere between 8 and 10 seems to be the majic number for me.

Yes, I think the suspension seat should be stock equipment on all zero turn riders. MFG's already get them dirt cheap, and with higher volume purchase, it would add very little to their bottom line. Whereas, when you go to buy it as an add-on accessory item, fully expect them to want your first born for a dang seat. $500-$750.....
  6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Should have bought a ferris. They already have a sweet ride.