1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn thats is reliable

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by finkster, May 10, 2008.

1. finkster

finkster LawnSite Member

Newer Business needing to make the switch from JD 46" tractor to a nice Zero Turn that won't break my Bank, But will give me worry free residential customer mowing. I would like to have a 52" to 60" deck that provides a nice cut. My budget would like to be around 4000.00-6000.00??? Am I dreaming or will I be looking at someones used ZT???
    PS: trading in the JD I hope

Thank You to everyone that posts
  2. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

Of course I'm going to say Toro, being that I own one, but you will also get a quality mower with Exmark, Scag, John Deere, ect. They all offer very nice mowers.

I like the Zmaster with the Turbo Force deck. It leaves a nice cut, and also has adjustable baffles so you can fine tune the cutting deck per your conditions on the fly.

To be honest, it comes down to which one performs the best in the grass and conditions you mow in.

If I were you I would demo a couple of your top picks and make your decision based on quality of cut, best dealer support, PRICE, and productivity.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm having good luck so far with my Enforcer. It's entry level commercial and cuts very good. Cub Cadet offers a power assist bagger for it as well. Of course you have all the other brands. Do like lawnboy mentioned and demo as many as you can and base you decision off price, dealer service and cut, in no particular order.
  4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

go w/ dealer support. i love exmark, but scag,gravely, and toro make great machines. i didnt like my john deere though, good cut but it didnt have enough volume to handle tough grass. the others mentioned have great cuts and handle the crap that youre gonna cut eventually.
  5. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Bad Boy at Tractor Supply is 4995.00. I never demoed one but from its looks I think its pretty heavy duty equipment but not enough history for me to feel comfortable about it. I bought a Gravely 152XDZ recently after demoing several major brands in my area and am still satisfied that I got what I needed for my situation. Thats the key, whats right for your situation? Get one from a reputable dealer they are solid gold whatever the price for the machine. Good luck.
  6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

actually your in luck because the one guy tom on here just put his turf tiger up for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=229614 eastlake ohio
  7. badluck

badluck LawnSite Member

gravely is the best mower
  8. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

a john deere 757 with a 60" would be a good one, but I like big so thats my 2 cents
  9. finkster

finkster LawnSite Member

You all are right on about DEMOING a machine. I like the Dixion mowers, anyone using or used Dixion? I hear alot about TORO and this Turboforce deck what is this? I also think like everyone here is SERVICE and havin a shop with loaner mowers is a PLUS.

Thank You Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep an open mind and go demo a Bad Boy Lightning (slightly above your price range) and a Bad Boy Pup (in your price range).
    After that, try to find something else better in the same price range and let me know if you have found anything... :rolleyes: