zero turn trailering

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crocs27, Apr 2, 2010.

1. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

Hello all. I am new to the forum and I thank everyone for their help. I am just about to purchase a com zero turn mower and wondered about trailering it. Do you have to clamp it down with something or is the emergency break all that is needed...i would assume you need some reinforcement. If so, what do you guys use? Thanks

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

The best investment you can make. A pair of these and a ratchet strap to hold the front.
    www.fastrap.com

3. ALC-GregH

from PA

Also, DO NOT use the service brake while in transport mode. It could cause problems if the mower gets jolted around.

What mower did you get?

4. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

I got a Toro z500 60" for $7350 I think I got a pretty good deal..what do you guys think?

5. ALC-GregH

from PA

They are good mowers. The straps will work great on your mower. I've looked into other ways to secure a mower but the straps are by far the fastest way to tie down or un-hook the mower. You'll save a lot of time over using ratchet straps.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree 100% with Greg. Fastraps are fast, easy and last a long time. I've had mine for 2 years and just Wednesday adjusted the straps a little to accommodate for wear. I figure that my Fastraps should outlast the trailer.

7. ALC-GregH

from PA

coming from you Richard, I'll take that as a compliment. :D thanks

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I use Prolockers to hold the mowers. But I'm not sure if they are still sold. Ratchet straps are too slow. We also use cam straps for a lot of things, much like a ratchet strap, but quicker. We even use bungees for little things.

9. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

where do they sell fastaps? Are they only online?

10. ALC-GregH

from PA

I posted a link to the site in my first post.