zero turn under $3K

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Mar 13, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Hello all,

I was at the Home Cheapo this morning and saw this for under $3,000. It is a 17 horse (B&S) and a 42" deck Ariens zero turn. The warranty for commercial use is only 90 days. No No No...I am not saying I want one.....just sharing what a homeowner may think your Walker , Chopper or Lazer may cost.

http://www.ariens.com/products/ride/

jeffyr

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I know what you mean, they don't think they cost much. I had a customer 10 years ago see my new diesel 430 JD and ask, what did that cost, about $4000? I said, $4000 will buy a new motor for it. He could not believe how much that thing cost me. The all think they cost the same as the cheap home owner specials I guess. ;)

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The Home Depot has all you need to get into this biz. They have it all:
    JD 21" mowers with the swivel front casters for $449 w/ 6hp (intek I think),
    Echo/JD/HomeLite hand held string trimmers,
    Echo Cross Fire T-Line,
    Echo stick edgers,
    Echo BP and hand-held blowers,
    McClane 3-wheeled edgers
    and the list goes on and on!!!

Oh yea I forgot. They are also carrying Lesco Fert and Seed products again this season. So now the homeowner can by their own Big-Brown(TG/LC) Lawn Care Program

H-O-R-K!!!!!!
    Kris

[Edited by kutnkru on 03-13-2001 at 05:36 PM]

4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

I've seen it and laughed as I walked by. That thing is a tinker toy.

I'm a "homeowner" and I bought a Scag Turf Tiger. Unfortunately most people can't see the diff.

5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

they use to sell lesco walkbehinds here and for good prices a 48" belt drive was around 2,500

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

there was a post a while back about what people thought about home depot selling lesco fertilizer. I must admit... it really bothers me that any homeowner now has acsess to my "commercial grade" chemicals. I have heard that the lesco fertilizer in home depot is of a different as what the lesco warehouses sell. Can anybody varify this? I can no longer say to a customer "the chemicals we use are not the same stuff as you buy at a place like home depot, there professional grade that home owners dont have acsess to".

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Dont know why a company like ariens would put that thing out.A fella a HD told me they are having mega trouble
    with that model

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere has started putting out a ZTR/Lawn Tractor, with some kind of linkage so that it has a steering wheel. I think that Yard Man (MTD) might have one also.

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

who came up with the name "zoom"? couldnt they be a little more creative?

10. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

All these places are selling is CONVIENIENCE CONVIENIENCE CONVIENIENCE. And that does make my stomach turn too. You would think that with the bureaucrats chomping down on the fert issues at hand that they might want to slow the traffic of residential damage to the environment.