1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn with best cut and features?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zero Turn Fanatic, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Power Chute is a great option an at.
  2. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

Do yourself a favor and get a ferris why settle for a Chevy when you can get a ferrari
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased the G-3 and LOVE it...has cut man hours incredibly
  4. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

he said he wants something built tuff. Ferris is good for nice areas but its definately not tuff!
  5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Huh?....first time I've ever heard anyone say that. Are you familiar with the entire Ferris line?
  6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

7. Zero Turn Fanatic

Zero Turn Fanatic LawnSite Member

Decided to get the G-3 from Toro. It is like a X Series from Exmark. Thanks for all your answers. John Deere is a rip off for me, and I can't get the parts from a nearby dealer. So I went with Toro.
  8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Lots of people like Toro and they have an extensive dealer network, particularly around here.

I would like to know more about why you think the JD is a rip off. I understand the parts concern.
  9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The Toro is a nice machine for sure, but I still prefer the Deere. As for parts, there are so many Deere dealers in MI, that if you can't get good service or parts from one, just move on to the next dealer. That's no excuse in this state, and I'm speaking with ton's of experience at quite a few different dealers in this state over the last decade or two now. As for the price of Deere parts here, I call BS on that too for all those who say they are higher than other brands. Not in my experience with them, and several others including Toro.
  10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Your link takes me directly to the 960, and it says it has a 31 HP engine. That is true, but it has the FX921V, not the FX850 which used to be their 31 in the 950. deere's site has a lot of problems since they keep hiring it out to third wqorld countries for translation and reformatting, not to mention that they constanly change the entire website. Even my dealer complains about it.