1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

zero turns, cub z force or gravely?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by smitty012, Mar 18, 2007.

1. smitty012

smitty012 LawnSite Member

I am looking at ztr's. I am trying to choose between a cub cadet z force 48 or a Gravely zt zt 2044 xl.
    The z force has a 20 hp Kohler command, a 10 guage Fabricated floating deck, and a pivoting front axle. The Gravely is a 44 inch 12 guage Fabricated deck,with a 20 hp Kohler Courage engine. Also the front spindles are sealed, no grease fittings. My question is, I was leaning toward the Gravely but I like the idea of the pivoting front axle. Also, what is the difference between the 2 Kohler engines? and, sealed front spindles or the spindles with grease fittings? any feedback would be appreciated. by the way, i am cutting my yard, about an acre, and another property, about 3 acres with alot of trees.
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Well out of the two I would go with the Gravely even though we run all cub's. The difference is ours are TANKS with fab decks. The z force is a homeowner model and is not going to stand up well. Now as for the pivoting front axle the Tanks have that also but ours are always locked in because we get less scalping that way. Just have to know what your doing. Hope this helps!!!!
  3. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Courage engine is more of a light-duty engine.
  4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member