1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZG23 Kubota Zero-Turn Mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by DrGrass, Mar 22, 2007.

1. DrGrass

DrGrass LawnSite Member
    from WV

Please help. I have just less than 2 acres to mow (mostly flat with lots of obstacles). I was really geared up to purchase a Hustler Fastrak for the past few months...Now, I have decided to look at the Kubota (ZG23) and the eXmark line. First, the Kubota seems to be well manufactured and I really like the leg room since I am 6’3”. Anyone have first hand experience with the Kubota? Can anyone tell me more about eXmark?
  2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

My advice is to start searching the forums. There are volumes of reading that you will be able to look through. All in all it will come down to personal preference. There are tons of "my mower's better because" threads on here but you can get some great insight as well as experience with both brands. In reality, they are both great mowers. The new Kubota's are very nice. one of the items I really like is the 6.5" deck (not sure if that's an option on the one your looking at or not) That is nearly an inch deeper than most units out there. My own opinion (never owned one but take it for what it's worth) is the eXmarks are way overpriced for what you get. Don't get me wrong they are nice units but you can do much better on build quality and price if you look around. Welcome to the group and enjoy!!
  3. DrGrass

DrGrass LawnSite Member
    from WV

Thanks! The ZG23 has 5.1" deck depth...I am concerned with a few threads that I have read regarding the cut of the Kubota. Any feedback?
  4. barrybud

barrybud LawnSite Member
    from PA 5

What did these threads say that concerned you?