Zoisa grass at 1.5 "

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowpronj, May 29, 2003.

1. mowpronj

mowpronj LawnSite Member

I currently cut a customers grass that is zoisa at 1.5". This is what the customer wants so i give it to him. just wondering if anybody else cuts zoisa this short. It does look really good when im finished. I also put Urea on this lawn about once a month to give it a deep green color. Thanks

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I mow mine at 0.75"....

zoysia with coin.jpg

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

you cut your's with a gas reel, right Ray??

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I did some work for a guy this week that cuts his at 1/4". I must say, it looks good. But not me.

5. KirbysLawn

Correct, the above photo shows Zoysia cut with a reel.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Wow you Southern guys got some wierd grass. Looks like astroturf.

;)

Is that a high maintenance type of grass, as in water requirements, fert, weed control. If I cut my ky blue/fescue/rye lawns at that height I'd be looking at roots on most lawns. There are some nice lawns I have that are of that cool season mix that are cut very short but they are high maintenance. Lots of weed control necessary along with water and fert. They do look good when low.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mow Ed, at the low cutting it does take much more water. But when cut at 2"-3.5" Zoysia is pretty drought resistant.

8. KirbysLawn

It is a low maintenance grass. The grass in the photo was mowed 3 times last summer/fall after primo maxx, and the color stayed green into November.