Zone 1 and 3 not coming on

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by upkeeplawnscape, Jun 21, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The toughest part of locating is leaving the damned thing in the truck while you do the simple tests at the controller.

The resistance tests will tell you how, what, when or why you connect your transmitter to the field wiring.

Valves aren't always wired according to their physical placement, that is why i began experimenting with the TDR & GTDR.

I would have measured for continuity first. Finding 1 & 3 open i would have lifted my probe from the common and placed it on the first open station wire and the other probe on the other open station wire.

Your measurement should be twice that of a single solenoid since you are measuring a series circuit.

Bottom line, when you have multiple opens (regardless of the station assignment) if you measure between the stations themselves you can measure the circuits by changing the manner in which you measure. You know what to expect and what the cause is, with a little thinking and some luck, you can usually walk right to the problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Corrected
    Posted via Mobile Device