Zorock, anybody use it or info?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grandview (2006), Aug 5, 2007.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Tell me what you need to know about the product. I know the owners of the company.
  3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I was curious so I looked at the provided web site. Some of that fake-colored stone, like the purple for instance, sure looks ugly. I hope none of that happens to any homes near me.
  4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

I just met them at PANTS a couple of weeks ago and received a sample kit from them last week. Very unique product that has a place in decorative situations. I like the idea of the lawn plaques and using a combination of the blue and green rock as a "water" feature.

It is a 100% recycled product, not sure from what it is recycled, perhaps crushed concrete. It then appears to have a pigmented coating applied for the deep color. As of right now they package 6 colors of 3/4" stone and can be shipped via palletized 1/2 cubic foot bags.

If you are looking for another alternative for decorative rock like features, check out decorative glass rock. the glass has great interest for firepits and "water" features as well as really interesting boulders.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Like stated I believe the product can be used in ALOT of ugly ways, but think it also can have it's proper place. It is made from recycled concrete and then died. I have never used the product, but have seen it manufactured and used in displays.
  6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I wanted to know how well it would hold up in the snow. I email a few months back on more info never heard anything back. Wanted to see if any dealership available up near Buffalo.