1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Zoysia Grass

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rick w, Feb 25, 2006.

1. rick w

rick w LawnSite Member
    from 8

I have a customer wanting to install zoysia grass on top of existing zoysia that has been torn up by a dog. My question is if the lawn is level and has no holes will I need to remove the existing grass before installing the new pallet grass.
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

oh, no here goes this argument again......

no you don't have to....
    cut the grass as short as you can ( to the dirt if you can)... and overlay..

i would think that the lawn should be easier to repair. than relay
    we take a sod cutter and cut out around the dammaged areas and lay in the new sod...
    cutting out the old sod around the holes will let the new sod lay level with the old sod, and you should never see where the repairs were made.
  3. rick w

rick w LawnSite Member
    from 8

The thing is the whole yard is bad not just spots. It just seems it would be easier to lay a little dirt and put sod on top.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We have a dog thread going in the irrigation forum and I'll repeat my answer here... Kill the dog. :laugh:
  5. rick w

rick w LawnSite Member
    from 8

I'll let the owner know of the solution to the problem. LOL