Zoysia issues

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by olcllc, Jun 28, 2011.

1. olcllc

olcllc LawnSite Member

I have a lawn that is complete zoysia and beautiful until about a week ago. It has received no treatments since May and has begun to show signs of stress.

In several areas the grass is a pale green to yellow with wilting blades. While the rest of the lawn is a deep healthy blue-green. I can find no insect issues and it does not appear to be brown patch. Our spring was really wet and then went dry and hot for two weeks. So hot that all lawns were in stress. We have since had substantial rain and this has appeared. It's still growing but resembles a herbicide burn to me.

I know pictures will help and will get them up tomorrow.

Any ideas?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

olcllc

Here in Florida Fungus seems to be a problem in Zoysia. The fact that you think you see Herbicide Burn makes me believe you have a Fungus Problem. Herbicide Burn and Fungus have similar signs.

3. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I doooo conquer with Ric. Now if you are a liberal or democrat you can just tell your customer its Bushes fault.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Or if you lean to right or are a Republican you can just re-write history the way you want it (Palin) tell them you are going to not charge them any (taxes)......LOL

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer to blame Rick Scott for everything these days. He spreads enough manure around to cause fungal outbreaks of biblical proportions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

He went missing this past weekend didn't you hear. Nothing was on his schedule for the first time since he took office. They found out he went for a weekend meeting with the Koch brothers :dizzy::dizzy:

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

watch your ph with the zoysia grass. look for just under 6.5

8. olcllc

olcllc LawnSite Member

Here are some pictures. Upon closer inspection... I did find rust but ever so fine. I have never seen rust cause a plant to turn pale and wilt... i think there may be more than one fungi at work here.

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

9. Patriot Services

A good candidate for Gallery?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

My bad, I meant Heritage G.
    Posted via Mobile Device