Zoyzia sod needed

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Branchland, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for a Zoyzia sod farm in NC. Only needing 550 sq ft.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

have several here.

kinda far for a little more than a pallet.

alos what type??? there are many different zoysia's

3. WolfpackMike

WolfpackMike LawnSite Member

In the Cary/Raleigh area I use Super Sod. They are located at the back of the Farmers Market off of Lake Wheeler Rd. They can order a pallet and you can pick it up there. Delivery charge would be very high. They grow Emerald and maybe Myers. There should be a supplier in the Greensboro/High Point area. Check the yellow pages.

4. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know there is differant types of Zoyzia. Never messed with it before. This is a job where that is what the customer wants. What's the differance between the types? Does one do better around here? He said he used to have it in Georga and wanted it now in the back yard. The rest of the back yard I've landscaped using differant colors and types of rocks.

5. WolfpackMike

WolfpackMike LawnSite Member

There are many different types of Zoysiagrass available. For your area, probably Zenith or Myer would be best. Emerald may or may not work. Generally, Zoysia grows slowly, is very dense and resists weeds. It can stand some shade. Emerald is considered the "Cadillac" of all Zoysiagrass. Of course, Cadillacs cost more also. Need to get it down fairly soon. Zoysia is normally installed in late spring to summer. Try this website to learn all you ever wanted to know. www.pattenseed.com

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i totally disagree with the emrald being the best......

it is a major pita to work with.... reel mower, sensative to trimec blends, slow to repair.......

i like the meyer and it's clones... el toro and crown