Zspray leaking granular Fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Apr 18, 2014.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Having a hard time with my spreader today. There is a little white plastic "stopper" around the spinner shaft in the hopper. It keeps feet from spilling out. I keep pushing it back down and here it lock into place but after a few lawns it come out.

Any trick to getting it to stay?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a new one, or some kind of adhesive
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Thy wear out every so often. It's the bushing to keep the impeller shaft from wearing on the slide plate. Rabbit gave you the only 2 real options.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

How old is the unit? If its older, the grommet may be worn out. They're cheap from LT Rich. Order some tips or something too(to make it worth the shipping.)

If its a new unit, the shaft coming from the hopper motor may not be in good alignment and can be adjusted slightly.

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I took a thin piece of metal about 1.5" x 3", cut a slot in it so you can place it around the spinner shaft and in top of the plastic bushing. Put 4 small bolts from the hopper down (nuts on bottom of hopper.) This will basically keep the bushing from lifting and sliding up the shaft. Make sure to cut the groove wide enough to not rub on the shaft but not too wide as you want to keep pressure on the bushing. You'll still have to replace the bushing when it wears out but you won't be dependent on the plastic tabs to keep it in place anymore.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exec lawns

Exec lawns LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

8. Exec lawns

Exec lawns LawnSite Member

I heated the white plastic with a hot air gun then pounded it in. When it cooled off it never came out again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Don't make it so difficult.

Changing the bushing is simple and quick.

Order an extra one to have in case it wears out again.

If you can't afford an extra one you shouldn't be in business.