zspray or t3000 for organics?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by royalin71, Jun 3, 2012.

1. royalin71

royalin71 LawnSite Member

Is anybody using a zspray, tufco t3000, or another spreader/sprayer for organics? I'm looking to get into the organics business and trying to figure out the best system. These machines are appealing for their overall efficiency, but it seems like a skid or trailer sprayer would the best options for organics due to the high volume of compost tea that is typically needed. Otherwise, I'd need to fill up the z or t3000 every couple of lawns and I haven't figured out an efficient way to do this.
  2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Ant on here had a zspray the 2- 25 gal tanks plus an additional one up where the hopper is.
  3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Using a zmax. 2 20 gallons tanks and a 25 gallon tank. Spraying at 1.5 gallons per 1000 covers almost an acre per fill.

I nurse off of a 275 gallon tote tank with a 2" gravity feed. For bigger days I have a 200 gallon skid sprayer that is plumbed to the tote so I can cover almost 7 acres when I go out for the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. royalin71

royalin71 LawnSite Member

'preciate your input. I think I've settled on a 200 gallon skid sprayer for now and we'll see how it goes.