1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR’s for residential use

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by bq93, May 11, 2005.

1. bq93

bq93 LawnSite Member

First off let me say how nice this forum has been in my search for a new mower. I’m a little bit of a tightwad, but I prefer VALUE over a cheap price, and this forum has really helped me answer a lot of my initial questions.

I was wondering if you professionals might be able to recommend a ZTR for residential use. I have about 1.5 acres, but it will need to be mowed almost weekly. It seems like a ZTR is the only way to go since I have many trees on the property.

This forum helped me find the Hustler mowers, but even the price of the Mini Fastrack seems a little steep for just residential use.

All that being said any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m not looking for a $800 riding mower, but I’d also like to keep it around $2500 if possible. Can a decent ZTR for residential use be found for that?

Thanks again for any input.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

you will most likely have to go used....but even that at $2500, will be hard if not impossible to find....

3. bq93

bq93 LawnSite Member

Thanks Derek.

That's what I was afraid of. The smallest Hustler runs about $3300 with a commercial grade Honda engine, and the Cub Cadet ZTR's ...well... let's just say I've read what I can about them on this site.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$2500 won't get you much more than a higher end riding mower............
    A used ZTR (commercial grade) in that price range isn't something I would usually consider but you never know..........sometimes a good deal does come along.