ztr and wb

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rfed32, Jan 7, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

how is everyone doing...i was just wondering if a ztr lets say a 48/52 inich and a 36in wb fit on a 10foot long trailer??if you have any pics that would be great too b.c im not sure if i should sell my trialer and wait on the ztr or keep my trailer and get the ztr but i cnt get the ztr if they wont fit....

2. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I would sell the trailer and get a bigger one. You might be able to make it fit but it would be close.
    I have a Bobcat ZTR with JRCO attachment bar and Trac-Vac system and it only fits if i hang the bagger over the trailer, i couldn't even fit a little wonder blower on the trailer.
    It is worth the money just to go for the bigger trailer.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to have a 6x10 and it was a pain in the but cause I always had to scoot the wb sideways. After 10-15 times a day, it got real tiring. I ended up selling it and getting a 7x16. Worth every penny and plenty of room.

Here is a pic of the old trailer with the 48 and 36....

48z_36wb_10ft_trailer_smallpic.jpg

4. rfed32

from Hatboro

which exmark is that and what size tires are on the trailer??

5. rfed32

from Hatboro

desided to sell my dirt bike and my 6x10 and go with a 7x12 or by 14 not sure yet which one....but my dirt bike is up on ebay check it out lol and my trailer a local guy is going to buy it off me for 750 which is good seeig that i paid 400 for it so im make 350 right there...so all and all is it should me good

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Lazer Z HP 48" with 21hp Kawa and as far as the tires, I have no idea. I believe they were on a 15 inch rim though...

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

If you don't mind having the walkbehind perpendicular to the length of the trailer and a very tight fit, then it will work. Otherwise I suggest at least a 16' trailer.

I have a 6x12, and here is how I put all of my equipment on. In the picture I have a 21" mower, but I don't normally carry that with me. So in your head, when looking at the pic, just move the 36" walkbehind up to the front of the trailer where the push mower is and then move the ZTR up behind the walkbehind.

00000009.jpg