ZTR blower-recommended

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Jan 21, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

hello everyone, this past fall was my second season using a giant vac 16z(ztr mounted) blower. its a 16hp blower(basically the 16 loader) on 4 caster wheels that floats on the front of a mower. its the best blower ever and save amazing time when mounted on the rear of a ztr.

when i first hooked it up on the front it was way to far from the drive wheels and blew the opposite direction of the mower deck. the quick and unblievable fix was to mount it to the rear of my bobcat ztr. i litterally drop the deck, cutting as low as possible which takes up all the leaves embedded in the grass dumping them out the side discharge. then the big blower not only blows the clippings and leaves just dischared but blows most leaves out of the grass for the next pass. it takes slightly longer to blow leaves and cut grass as it does just to cut the grass. if you have woods to blow the leaves in, you can do the leaves as you mow in the fall. it saves an unbelievable amout of time and you get to charge for mowing and fall cleanup. the blower is a bit costly at about $3000 but it makes much more than it costs.
    a few drawbacks:
    1 trying to go across a step hill(not that any of us do this)
    2 the caster wheels bend very easily as you change from direction if they get caught on roots, curbs, holes in lawns, etc.
    3 throttle cable gets hooked up easily
    4 room on the trailer gets tight, i have an 18' enclosed and can only fit 2 ztrs and 16z blower with 2 push blowers next to it.
    5 tires spin easy and do damage lawns if not careful

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pic's? Would love to see your setup. I have seen a few company's that have the blower on the front but never the back of a ztr. Just curious. Thanks.

3. supercuts

my equiptment is all put away in an enclosed trailer for the winter but ill try. worth every penny of the investment. i forgote to mention that after i blow them to the edge of the lawn i grind them up with the mower then continue to blow them into the woods. extremely effiecient and very small to no pile at the edge of a lawn.

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm currently working on a way to mount 2 redmax 8000's to the front of one of my ztr's. I'll have feedback soon.

5. supercuts

better late then never. i know they arent the best pictures but hopefully you will get the idea, i swear by this settup

ztr blower 2.jpg

ztr blower.jpg

6. supercuts

by the way, thats a 13hp blower in the background so you get an idea of how big it is and how much it blows in a good way

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at the 16 hp, it looked pretty awsome. I am considering one for this fall. Some in action pics would be awsome.

Cheers
    Jeff

8. supercuts

ill do my best to get some with it out of the trailer but fall cleanups have come and gone! it truely turns crap work into tollerable good fortune! if you have any questions about the settup id be glad to share them

9. supercuts

bump for the other thread

10. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You know that looks like a really good idea, I was thinking about getting the blower buggy ( i only have a 13hp lil wonder). I may try that with first before I buy the buggy and try to save some $

And maybe this year some action pictures