1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ztr bobcat wont stay running

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark4, May 7, 2004.

1. Mark4

Mark4 LawnSite Member

My ztr will start sputter then stop/had a fuse under seat sart to melt. Replaced fuse ran,then today same thing however fuse loks ok.Any help to solve would be appreciated.:cool:
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: ok, mark ill give you some help. had the same problem a few weeks ago, there is or should be 2 fuse encased in a rubber boot. open the boot and look at the condion of the the terminals. though i service my machines very intensly in the winter, and clean and lube the connections and little moisture will hurt. if they are supper carroed you may have to replace, any hardware store should have the 30 amp assembly very easy fix, it stopped my problem.

any problem send me a email and give me your # and ill call ya. tony
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: mark, also look for frayed wires. also when sitting on the machine, so your left side under the seat there is a terminal with 3 relays also pull out the relays, blow the out and if you have some electrical cleaner shout it in there. also get yourself some super lube on a tube and put some lube on the relay and reinsert. tony
  4. Mark4

Mark4 LawnSite Member

Thanks/great info,looks like it is the key switch going bad/shorting out
  5. ib2old

ib2old LawnSite Member

mark i have a 223 ztr had same problem ignition switch was bad dealer said it was a common problem