Ztr bogged down!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbroken64, Feb 24, 2007.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Was cutting grass today and was on the very back of a large yard when the bottom went out from under my Wildcat. No way to get my truck close enough to pull it out and I was 45 minutes from the house and a comealong,chain,rope Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Dropped my trailer and hauled bu!! to get the stuff trying to beat more rain that was on the way. Killed a hour and then killed another hour when I got back getting it out of the bog hole. Thank God there was a pine tree about 30 feet from the mower or it would probably still be there LOL. Anybody been in the same perdicument?????

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

OH YEA,standard equipment is a strap.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Been there several time. I carry a tow strap now. Used tie down straps and once a set of jumpper cables once. Usually we had a second ztr in site but have used the truck in the past. It happens to all of us

4. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Many times brother, many times:laugh: :laugh:

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, had my first walker stuck.. took a ford tractor to get to it to get it out.

6. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Ever try a zero turn in a ditch? :laugh:

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

yes it did' about 2 years ago I did pretty much the same thing so I decide to go to the house and get the Tn 75 tractor as it was already loaded on the trailer and hooked up to the 1 ton well things went form bad to worse tried to move truck and it would only spin out got to looking and a couple of the trailer wheels had sunk down in the ground due to the da** gophers and moles so I say a couple of bad words and then start to let the ramps down to unload the tractor sais a bunch of bad words for sure them the trailer is too close to our old barb wire fence to let the ramps down so I have to cut the da** fence to unload the tractor so I can pull the one ton out so that I can go and pull the saber tooth mower out any way about 2 hrs later we had everything back home took the rest of week off and let things dry out a bit

8. dbroken64

Wow!!!! And I just thought I had it bad. Need less to say it happens to all of us once in awhile. At least to the ones who will admit it.:laugh:

9. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Been there done that with my Walker, got to close to the edge and slide off the turf into wet pine straw and had to get pulled out by some utility workers (Ga. Power I think) who were in the area doing work.
    I hate it when I do that! I carry Rope now, wish I had a winch on the front of my PU. I stay clear of the edges now when its wet.

10. dbroken64

What about a small winch on the front of the ztr????? I guess you would'nt need it that often but when you do it sure would be nice to run out a cable and suck yourself out in no time. Just a thought??????