ZTR buying help.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Teff's Lawn & Snow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

Looking for a midsize ztr for small to medium commercial lots. Have a Exmark ZTR now but the lesco mowers around here are alot cheaper. Is it worth saving the money now or should I spend the extra for the Emark? Any ideas out there?
  2. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know much about the exmarks, but most people like them. I can tell you that the lescos are very nice machines, BUT i believe they are going to stop making them. Lesco has recently been bought out by john deere. The good news is the the lescos are the same as the Cub Cadet tanks so you will still be able to get parts for them. I am on my second tank now and I have been very happy with the quality and cut.
  3. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Whats wrong whith the mower you have now?
  4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Mosy guys that switch from Scag Exmark etc to Lesco Z2's are very unhappy with the Lesco. That's what I've seen.
  5. Fitzgerald37

Fitzgerald37 LawnSite Member

Dont waste your time with lesco ZTR junk been ther done that. Just purchesed a new exmark.With the financing they got now it is like free money !!
  6. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

There is a reason why they are cheaper. You get what you pay for, and part of that consideration is resale value and dependability.
  7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The Z2's cut well but handle like a wild boar. To me they are a crude basic design not refined or smooth like a Lazer or Super Z. Sorry to offend the Lesco lovers but I feel we should be honest on here.:waving:
  8. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the responses, sounds like Lesco is worth a little less than the exmark.