Ztr cab enclosures?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyRoyale, Oct 10, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know who manufactures cab enclosures for ztr's-primarily Kubota ZD-331's. I think they would come in handy-especially for those rainy days. I've searched online with no luck. Thanks-John.

2. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

3. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you mow if it is raining that hard that you need an enclosure for a ZTR?

4. ixlr8

ixlr8 LawnSite Member

I know you can get a cab for the Walkers, they designed it to be used with their snow blowers. No reason it couldn't be used for mowing.

5. djchiodo3

When you work in the lighting capital of the US, you don't mow in the rain. Also, it would be like an oven in side that thing. (Southeast Florida)

6. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Mount a big umbrella.

7. djchiodo3

One reason I own Turf tiger is because how low you ride on machine. Any thing like enclosure or umbrella would be torn off on my first pass around the house. People in Florida like their tree limbs low.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Grasshopper makes cabs for their mowers, but like the Walkers, its for winter work only!

9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

look where he's from. maybe he wants to put a blade on the front for winter.

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I dont want to use them in the winter-but the thought has crossed my mind. And we dont cut in heavy downpours, but there are a number of days we lose a year (probably 10-15 or so) because of light rain-which screws up scheduling. Plus in the spring and fall it gets a little nippy to be riding around, and even the slightest shower sucks.