ZTR cheapest to work on

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am getting ready to buy a new ZTR, and am currious if anyone has any real world experience on which models are the least likely to breakdown, and which are the least expensive parts wise. I realize many have similar hydro pumps, and engine combo's. What about some of the other "wear" parts that might fail. For example, I just lost a part on my Turf Junker, I mean Tiger, it was a push arm. $90 my cost for a triangular piece of metal with a swivel on one end, and a grease xerk on the other. I bought it, asked no questions, installed in the parking lot and continued on. When I got home, welded the old back together for a spare, and got the bill and stroked! Carberator for my 20 Liquid cooled engine was nearly $200, which I realize is a Kaw issue.

I would be intrested in any input.

Thanks
    Jay

2. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

you r gonna get as many answers to this question as there are machines....everybody has thier favorites.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

things on quality equipment is just high bud. just bought 2 belts for my lazer at 95 bucks. mabe u could look at the bobcats. some think they are a solid machine ,and ive seen some good deals on them. of course that dont mean pts are cheap tho. good luck in u looking.
    and by the way a lazer is my choice.
    good machine and i know how to work onum.