1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ztr choice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MX 158, Dec 7, 2002.

1. MX 158

MX 158 LawnSite Member

I was wanting some advice on ztr choice , it will be a 25 horse , 60 inch cut. I was first going to buy a Dixie, but have heard good remarks on the Exmark & Scags. I will be cutting my acre plus a few other accounts that are 3 to 4 acres to help pay for my equipment, eventually starting a part time business. Thanks for your help.
  2. mx 158

Dixie chopper is a good mower we have a 2001 dixie good machine i thought it was the best until i got a chance to demo a full size lazer z hp with the 26 efi kohler.
    Im out of the business now but they bought this machine in october and its one awsome mower.Scag tiger cub is a good machine to
    But truly convinced exmark's slogan nobody does it better is true .
  3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Have a 2001 Exark Z 60" 23 Kw and 2002 Scag Turf tiger 27 water colled KW The Exmark will run rings around the scag
  4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

MX if the Hustler Z is as reliable as my Shortcut then it is a great buy. I have completed 4 seasons with roughly 3 hours of down time on my mower. I demoed the Z and it is a screamer. Seemed very well built. If I were to purchase a Z type mower tomorrow morning I would be about 90% sure I would get the Hustler Z. You ought to go check one out. This would give you another option.