1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR commercial collection systems? for a Ferris?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2005 Ferris 1000z 61" deck mower and will be getting for smaller lawns, a 07 Ferris is500z 44" deck. The Ferris-Fast Vac turbo collection system for these i hear range in the low 2k range :dizzy:

Thats just A LOT of dough for a bagger system. I only would plan to bag half of the smaller lawns with this 44" deck machine. My next question is, are there any other brands that make them? My only concern is that if the part on the end of the mower deck is like 10-12" long sticking out, theres NO way your fitting 60"+ behind most larger gates.

Id need one thats EASILY and very fast to remove or attach, no bolting etc to put it on and off between lawns.... I already have that with the freking block off plate part of my 61" deck mulching kit :(

It would have to have the turbine built onto the mower deck or something i guess. Eventually id look for them for both machines, but 61" deck plus another 12", that wouldnt do well on anything but my largest lawns which i dont bag anyway.

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/pages/is500z.php click on collection system
  2. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Either the one that has it's own wheels,(you could use it on either machine,) or the one that mounts on the rear of the mower. The one we use is the 462z. It's mounted on 52" bobcats. Was about 1400.00 4 years? ago.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

yeah it looks as though everything has a seperate "gas" motor if its not the one bought from Ferris made for it. Im just worried if i get an account to "Bag" that this machine cant fit through a gate, ive never had good luck bagging a well manicured/fertilized lawn with my 34". I use an Accelerator standard size 3.4cu ft i think, aluminum side bagger. When the grass is "thick"", it weighs down the aluminum bagger ~30+ lbs on the right side discharge, and "lifts" the left side of the 34" deck, just enough that the lawn doesnt look even :confused: Its especially bad on hilly areas, where the bagger is on the high or low side , how else do you bag with small machines?