1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR Commercial Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualityscapes, Feb 24, 2006.

1. qualityscapes

qualityscapes LawnSite Member

Looking to purchase a new ZTR mower.

Getting into the mowing aspect of the business and need to purchase a commerical ZTR mower. Is it possible to spend 4 - 4.5k and get an entry level new one?

I'm located in upstate NY so my opportunity for multiple dealers is low. Not to many manufacutres to choose from.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

NOPE If your buying a new one $4,000 aint gonna get you much of a Z. IF thats all you have i'd look at used Full sized machine, or buy a walkbehind.
    A new 60" Z is gonna cost you about $9,000. Lesco does sell them for around $6-$7,000. Honestly if you have good credit, and know you can get enough wrok or have enough$$$ to pay for it I would finance it. You can finance for up to like 4 years, and the payment are like $250.00 depending on what you put down.
  3. qualityscapes

Cub Cadet Z-Force 50 Would this be considered a commerical mower?
  4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

The Gravely PM34Z is a fully commercial grade mower, and lists for $5099 but can be bought for ~$4300 - $4600 . It's a great little mower, but it is not designed to handle hills of any degree of slope angle. That's about it's only limitation!

Excellent machine!
  5. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

MY advice would be to get a used scag or similar brand ZTR with your budget. u probably could find one cheaper than 4gs if u start looking now. I would recommend a under 1500hr machine to use for a year or so then buy new and keep it for a back up.
  6. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Cub Cadets Zforce series is residential though I do believe the 50 has a year commercial waranty. Tanks have two.
  7. qualityscapes

What do you mean by tanks?
  8. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Tanks are Cubs commercial division

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try simplicity mowers not sure if 4 grand will get you much.
  10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

exmark phaser.